|As a major player in logistics and food distribution in the French Caribbean and Guyana, SAFO Group (link) believes it is essential for retail stores to digitalize in order to meet the increased expectations of digital consumers in an always-on and whatever-you-want world.|
|With that in mind, SAFO Group decided to take on challenges and to go through a quick transformation journey to simplify their business processes. The result was a great success.|
When SAFO Group decided for such a transformation, the key business and IT challenges included:
- Complex business operations at their 90 C-Stores, 14 supermarkets, 1 hypermarket, 3 wholesale stores, 2 brand name agencies, 7 all-temperature logistics platforms, and a network of 2,000 suppliers.
- Integration of two new brands such as FNAC and Picard.
- Replacing an existing and aging IT system with an integrated solution that would offer a greater operational efficiency, increased productivity and cost control.
To make the journey more exiting, SAFO Group set a goal to resolve all the above challenges in 3 months.
The SAFO Group’s approach to success was selecting a great software vendor such as SAP and a great implementation partner such as Beyond Technologies (link). SAFO Group chose SAP because they felt SAPoffers a comprehensive solution with a great user experience. And, they chose Beyond Technologies as the implementation partner because of their deep expertise and having the ability to successfully accompany them in their growth. The scope of the implementation included:
- SAP S/4HANA Retail for Merchandising Management
- SAP CAR (Customer Activity Repository)
- SAP Fiori In-Store Merchandising (Look up products, Receive products, Adjust stock, Count stock….on iPods)
The key outstanding results includes:
- Production launch in only 11 weeks
- Autonomous SAFO teams fully trained for in-store operations
- Live with the latest SAP solution such SAP S/4HANA Retail for Merchandising Management, CAR, and intuitive user experience with Fiori In-Store Merchandising on iPod devices
- Reconciliation of several heterogeneous operational models around a common solution
“Our strategic decision to implement SAP with the help of Beyond Technologies has allowed us not only to improve all our operations, but also to lower the cost of opening new stores while also simplifying future openings”, said François Huyghues Despointes, General Director of SAFO.
About Fiori In-Store Merchandising: More information Link
About SAFO Group
SAFO, a logistics and food distribution company in the French Caribbean was created in 1962 by Gérard Huyghues Despointes, whose visionary idea allowed the creation of a complete cold chain to the Caribbean and Guyana. The group is the leading franchisee of food brands in the Caribbean, operating several large retail chains (Carrefour Group, FNAC-Darty Group and Picard Group). SAFO continues its development in all its businesses: distribution, non-domestic catering and logistics.
About Beyond Technologies
Beyond Technologies is a professional service firm, specialized in SAP solution integration and business process optimization. We have extensive experience across a wide range of industries. Founded by a team of consultants with over 20 years of integrated business management system experience, we know how to leverage business best practices and SAP solutions to deliver real and sustainable benefits to our clients. We offer intelligent, practical, and innovative solutions that give our clients a competitive edge, in a timely and cost-effective manner.